Future Islands - The Far Field FLAC
|2||Day Glow Fire||3:49|
|3||Time On Her Side||3:39|
Featuring, Guest, Vocals – Debbie Harry
|9||Beauty on the Road||4:09|
|11||Through The Roses||3:15|
- Arranged By [String & Horn Arrangements By] – Patrick McMinn
- Artwork [Cover Artwork By] – Kymia Nawabi
- Band [Future Islands Are] – Gerrit Welmers, Samuel T. Herring, William Cashion
- Bass, Guitar, Ukulele – William Cashion
- Cello – Richard Dodd
- Design, Layout – Alison Fielding
- Drums [Live Drums], Percussion – Mike Lowry
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Morgan Stratton
- Keyboards [Keys], Programmed By [Programming] – Gerrit Welmers
- Management – Constant Artists
- Mastered By – Gentry Studer, Howie Weinberg
- Photography By [Band Photographs] – Atiba Jefferson
- Photography By [Other Photographs] – Jay Buim
- Producer, Engineer, Mixed By – John Congleton
- Songwriter [All Songs By] – Future Islands
- Strings [Strings Performed By] – The Section Quartet
- Trombone – David Ralicke, Nick Daley
- Trumpet – Jason Colby
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Jordan Katz
- Tuba – Andres Trujillo
- Viola – Leah Katz
- Violin – Daphne Chen, Eric Gorfain
- Words By, Voice – Samuel T. Herring
Digipak style gatefold sleeve with 16 page staple bound booklet insert of lyrics and photographs.
Recorded November 2016 at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles, CA.
Guest vocals by Debbie Harry recorded at Mercy Sound in New York City.
Mixed November-December 2016 at Elmwood West in Los Angeles, CA.
Mastered at Howie Weinberg Mastering in Los Angeles, CA.
This album was inspired by the Theodore Roethke book of the same name.
Debbie Harry appears courtesy of Noble ID Music.
All songs © 2017 Ideas For Housecrafts (ASCAP)
℗ 2017 4AD Ltd. © 2017 4AD Ltd.
Made in EU.
- Barcode (Scanned & text): 191400000124
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Label Code: LC: 05807
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LY34
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AEW24
- Matrix / Runout: 4AD0001CDV2 01 LLC UK
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – 4AD Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – 4AD Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Ideas For Housecrafts
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Recorded At – Mercy Sound
- Mixed At – Elmwood West
- Mastered At – Howie Weinberg Mastering
The Far Field is the fifth studio album by American synthpop band Future Islands, released on April 7, 2017 through 4AD. Several parallels can be made between this studio album and the band's second studio album, In Evening Air: both are titled after the final volume of poetry by Theodore Roethke, and both have album art produced by former band member Kymia Nawabi. The Far Field, Future Islands fifth album, skews towards the former. If Singles stepped up to meet the world, The Far Field mostly shrinks at its gaze. Future Islands have talked about the exhaustion and doubts that arose on their long tour, and this records insular focus plays like a protective shield. The scaffolding remains, but the upholstery is threadbare. Though the sound is familiar, the structures are less bombastic and their former gleam is somewhat muted. The Far Field is Future Islands' 5th album. The first single, Ran was released in January before the album release on April 7, 2017. The title for The Far Field comes from a poem of the same name by Theodore Roethke, as In Evening Air came from In Evening Air. The artwork for both albums was done by Kymia Nawabi-the painting on the cover of The Far Field is titled Chrysanthemum Trance. We took almost all of 2016 off just trying to write as many songs as we possibly could before we decided to record. We ended up getting around 24 demos written in that time and from those we chose which were the strongest pieces and recorded them in late November in Los Angeles. Album 2017 12 Songs. Bolstered by a notoriously great Letterman performance, Future Islands 2014 effort Singles was a breakthrough for the synth-pop romantics. The Far Field dives further into their sound, combining the expressiveness of soul with the leanness of post-punk and New Wave, underlined by immediate songwriting and the strong, vulnerable voice of Samuel T. I dont believe anymoreI wont grieve anymore, he croons on the standout Cave. Cause what was goldIs gone and cold. The Far Field Future Islands. Thoughts on the new album The Far Field by synthpopalternative band Future Islands. I realize I accidentally referred to this as their 4th album, when it is in fact their 5th. The Far Field. Future Islands - The Far Field 2017. To favorites 3 Download album. Listen album. New Wave. Future Islands. Songs in album Future Islands - The Far Field 2017. Future Islands - Aladdin. Future Islands - Time On Her Side. Future Islands - Ran. Future Islands - Beauty Of The Road. Future Islands - Cave. Future Islands - Through The Roses. Future Islands - North Star. Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. Future Islands' latest album is 'The Far Field. Tom Hines. On the fifth album from Baltimores Future Islands, frontman Samuel T. Herring continues to put a begging, pleading soulman spin on the moony affliction of the Cure and New Order slathering his gangly sandpaper croon all over songs like the dance-pop gallop Ran. The results are comically over-the-top but still warmly moving hes the kind of guy who can make the line we were the candles that lit up the snow on dusty roads seem poignant. Debbie Harry of Blondie swings by to help moan the tenderly gloomy Shadows, . Future Islands became a meme. Thats something that happened. Its a double-edged sword, memedom. On the one hand, Future Islands are now a bigger deal than theyve ever been. They sell out clubs and place high on festival posters. On the other hand, there is a significant chunk of the world that thi. Future Islands Format: Audio Cassette. The Far Field. Please retry. New from. Used from. MP3 Music, April 7, 2017